Stud Threadlocking Blind Holes
Stud Threadlocking / Thread Sealing Application Method A-103
This method pertains to the application of SAF-T-LOK products for threadlocking and/or threadsealing blind holes. The procedure is to be used when assembling threaded metal parts, using SAF-T-LOK threadlockers or thread sealing products.
- Solvent clean the parts of any contamination. Use primer if parts must go back in service promptly.
- Apply T70 stud threadlocking compound to the male threads. Apply to the threads of the blind hole where the assembled stud will rest.
- Assemble the stud to the required depth or torque.
- The assembled parts will be sealed within one hour. A full cure will occur within 24 hours (or 4 hours with Primer).
- After cure of the T70 stud application, continue the assembly by applying the T42 threadlocking compound to the male threads of the stud.
- Assemble the joints to the required torque. Do not over tighten.
- The assembled parts will be low pressure sealed within one hour. A full cure will occur within 24 hours (or 4 hours with Primer).
SAF-T-LOK and SAF-T-EZE are registered trademarks of SAF-T-LOK International Corporation.
All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All product names, logos and brands used on this website are for identification purposes only.
All rights reserved.
No part of this site may be copied, reproduced or transmitted in any forms or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of SAF-T-LOK International Corporation.