Active Minerals International produces high-quality attapulgite products at our production facility located in Quincy, FL. Attapulgite is a hydrous magnesium aluminosilicate that is used as a thixotropic thickener, anti-settling agent, syneresis control, rheology modifier and binder in a wide variety of applications. Our attapulgite products and their applications include the following.
MIN-U-GEL® 200 Used in agricultural suspensions. MIN-U-GEL® FG Used in crack sealers / grouts and joint compounds. MIN-U-GEL® 400 Used in a wide variety of paints & coatings (architectural, industrial, asphalt roof, masonry, texture, fire retardant and traffic), latex caulks, foundry mold washes, plastisols, tile adhesives (thin-sets), wood lamination adhesives and some asphalt cutback mastics. In molecular sieves and ceramic catalysts it is used as a binder. FLORIGEL® HY Used to create oil well drilling mud and slurry trench walls for salt contaminated soils.
Typical markets for products containing attapulgite include: paint and coatings, building products, oil well drilling mud, agricultural suspensions, catalyst and molecular sieves.
- Attapulgite is sometimes referred to as salt gel or fuller’s earth. Attapulgite is a hydrous magnesium aluminosilicate produced in gel and absorbent grades.
- Active Minerals International produces the MIN-U-GEL and Florigel HY lines of gelling attapulgite clays, and is the largest producer of gelling attapulgite clay in the world.
- MIN-U-GEL is used in liquid-based systems to stabilize the media, control flow and leveling, improve film build without sagging, and prevent settling and syneresis. It is a rheology modifier with thixotropic thickening. It also aids in suspension of pigments to help prevent flooding and floating. Some basic applications include Paints & Coatings, Joint Compounds, Adhesives and Sealants, Plastisols, and Chemical Suspensions. It is also used as a binder for Ceramic Catalysts and Molecular Sieve.
- Florigel HY is used as a Suspension Agent in drilling muds and fracking fluids in the oil and gas markets.
- Active Minerals International selectively mines MIN-U-GEL遥めぃ 绝版狗 and Florigel HY attapulgite products from extensive deposits in Georgia and Florida. Production via proprietary processes, conducted under the auspices of rigid ISO 9001:2008 quality control and assurance standards, makes Active Minerals International gelling grade products 10% purer than competing grades of gelling clays.
- Min-U-Gel and Florigel are registered trademarks of Active Minerals International LLC.